Annual Sustainability Report Released
23rd April 2021
The university has released the Annual Sustainability Report for 2019-2020, which shares performance and celebrates achievements across all aspects of sustainability in the life of the university.
This is the fourth report on delivery of the University’s Sustainability Strategy 2017-2022. It reflects the action of staff, students and partners who contributed to this year’s progress.
Top stories include:
- Success for our pioneering Who Cares recruitment campaign which killed the printed prospectus and won Best Sustainable/Green Campaign at the Northern Marketing Awards.
- Close of our Carbon Strategy to 2020 having exceeded our goal of 40% emissions reduction since 2005 and delivered major biodiversity improvements at Oxstalls campus.
- How we adapted to the pandemic as well as the climate change agenda – with students and the SU making a big impact for sustainability in 2019-20.
- How our education, research and collaborations for sustainability are creating and applying sustainability skills and giving our graduates the insight to make changes in their careers.
- The impacts of the pandemic on travel, energy, waste and university life, plus our contributions to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Read the full report here.