This week – remembering
27th January 2020
Monday is Holocaust Memorial Day and Cheltenham will be holding an Act of Remembrance in the Council Chamber (entry via the Municpal Offices on the Promenade) at 6.30pm. Our Jewish Chaplain Abi is taking part, and has invited Simon and Atique (our FCH and Muslim chplains) to join in. You are very warmly invited to come – it is a moving occasion, with lovely refreshments afterwards.
At FCH Chapel this week
- Monday’s Cake and Chat will be going to the Holocaust Memorial Day act of remembrance – meet at the Chapel by 5.45pm: come along at the usual time if you fancy a chat and a cuppa.
- There is no Prayer Breakfast or Soul Food this week.
- World Cafe is on Weds at 7.00pm – games, tables tennis, hot chocolate and meeting friends rom around the world.
- On Thursday at 12.30pm we’ll be back in the Chapel for Communion followed by lunch, thinking about being interrupted.
- Later that day, the University and Community Choir starts at 7.30pm – it’s been great to welcome new members this term – now is a good time to join!
At Park Faith Space this week:
- Dogs on Tuesday meets in the Faith Space at 12.30pm for a walk to a local park, with dogs…
- At Big Questions Cafe on Wednesday at 1.00pm there will be a variety of faiths world views and a good lunch to share – come and join in.
- Thursday begins with Morning Prayer at 8.30am – does what it says on the tin!
- Friday brings Friday Bakeoff at 2.30pm – making (and sharing) cheese scones.
- and the week finishes with quiet prayer at Breathe at 4.30pm.
At Oxstalls Faith Space this week:
- Soulspace on Tuesday at 8.30pm: prayer and croissants.
- New for this week, Relax and revive is 20 minutes of gentle guided meditation on Tuesday at 12.45pm.
- Crafty lunchtime on Thursday from 12.30pm – crafts provided or bring your own.
- The afternoon ends with Cake and Chat from 4pm.
Pittville Faith Space will be open as usual with comfy chairs, supplies for tea & toast and a jigsaw out to do. Come and meet Jon, our Chaplain there on Monday between 3.00pm and 6.30pm or over lunch on Thursday.