This week and beyond…
10th February 2020
First, some more information about the Busy Person’s Retreat:
Await, Allow, Accept, Attend
Busy Person’s Retreat – February 24th to March 4th 2020
Life too busy?
Long for some peaceful space in your life?
Like to explore different ways of praying ?
This is a campus-based retreat, organised by the Chaplaincy Team. It’s not too time-heavy, has no travel or overnight commitments, and is open to both students and staff, and is free.
The retreat is an opportunity, in the middle of our busy lives, to create a little space. In this space we have a chance to reconnect with ourselves and with God.
The retreat will start with a gathering on Monday 24th February in the Chapel room at FCH. There will be tea and cake at 5.00pm, with our short service at 5.30pm.
If you can’t join us on Monday, and you would like to participate in the retreat, just tell any of the Chaplaincy team.
How does it work?
At our initial gathering, each person will be given a bag with some prayer resources. Over the ten day period you are invited to use the resources as much or as little as you wish. Each person is also linked up with a prayer guide. You arrange to meet two or there times with your guide, at a time and place to suit you both.
The retreat ends on Wednesday March 4th with a short service in the chapel at FCH at 5.00pm
For more information, or to register for the retreat, contact Sarah Rogaly 01452 714083 firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the Chaplaincy Team
So before all this, what’s on in the coming week? You can find our programme here. Here are the highlights…
At Park Faith Space:
- Big Questions Cafe trip to the Cathedral to see wonderful art installation ‘Where there is light’ (contact Jo for more details)
- Thursday 8.30am Morning Prayer
- Friday 1.00pm Jumu’ah – Friday Prayers
- Friday 2.30pm Friday Bakeoff followed by 4.30pm Breathe – quiet prayer to end the week.
At FCH Chapel:
- Cake and Chat on Monday at 5.15pm: learning from Greta
- Dogs on Tuesday – meet at the Chapel at 12.30pm for a walk to the Park
- Soul Food – reflecting on a Bible passage together: Wednesday at 5.00pm
- Communion and lunch on Thursday at 12.30pm
At Oxstalls Faith Space:
- On Monday from 1.00 – 1.30pm Headspace – Mindfulness for Relaxation
- Tuesday 8.30am Soulspace – prayer & croissants
- Tuesday 12.45pm Breathe 20 minutes gentle guided meditation
- Thursday 2.00pm – 5.00pm Come and make Valentine cards for your loved ones near and far. All materials provided.
- Friday 1.00pm Jumu’ah Friday prayers
This week the Christian Union have a series of events exploring Truth including a Fajita night, a Curry Night and a Chilli Night. You can find more details here or on the flyers around the campus.