Education Research/Publications 2020/21
9th July 2021
Books & Special Issues
- Reconsidering Resilience in Education, An Exploration using the Dynamic Interactive Model of Resilience, Editors: Adeela Ahmed Shafi, Tristan Middleton, Richard Millican, Sian Templeton
- SENCO Inducation Pack, Supporting you at the start of your journey
- Using an Inclusive Approach to Reduce School Exclusion: A Practitioner’s Handbook, Book by Lynda Kay and Tristan Middleton
- The World We’ll Leave Behind: Grasping the Sustainability Challenge, Book by Paul Vare and William Scott
- Learning, Environment and Sustainable Development: A History of Ideas, Book by Paul Vare and William Scott
- Supporting the wellbeing of those who nurture
- Understanding Inclusion
- International Journal of Educational Development
- Children’s Education in Secure Custodial Settings: Towards a Global Understanding of Effective Policy and Practice , Edited by amed Shafi A, Case S, Little R
- Green Schools Globally: Stories of Impact on Education for Sustainable Development, Lee, E., Vare, P. & Finlayson, A. (2020) The Ebb and Flow of Environmental and Sustainability Education in UK Schools
- Leading on Inclusion: The Role of the SENCO, Kay, L. and Middleton, T. (2021) ‘Inclusion and school exclusion – Key Issues for SENCOs in England.’
- Discourses We Live By: Narratives of Educational and Social Endeavour, Middleton, T. (2020) Nurture Groups: Perspectives from Teaching Assistants Who Lead Them in Britain.
- Encyclopedia of Sustainability in Higher Education, Zachariou A., Beltran C.K., Vare P., Millican R. (2019) Professional Development and Sustainability.
- Gajparia J, Strachan G, Vare P & Ferguson T (2021) Identifying Assessment Opportunities in Postgraduate Learning for Sustainability in Discourse and Communication for Sustainable Education, 12:1, 151-175. https://www.sciendo.com/article/10.2478/dcse-2021-0011
- ahmed Shafi, Little and Case (2021) Children’s education in secure custodial settings: Towards a global understanding of effective policy and practice, International Journal of Educational Development, Volume 82, 102- 379.
- Dimery, E. and Templeton, S., (2021) Death, bereavement and grief: the role of the teacher in supporting a child experiencing the death of a parent. PRACTICE, pp.1-20.
- Middleton, T. (2021) ‘Nurture in Secondary Schools – what recognition in OFSTED reports?’ International Journal of Nurture in Education, 7.
- Middleton, T. and Kay, L. (2021) ‘Unchartered Territory and Extraordinary Times……the SENCO’s experiences of leading SEN during a pandemic in England.’ British Journal of Special Education. DOI: 10.1111/1467-8578.12359
- Vare P (2021) Exploring the Impacts of Student‐Led Sustainability Projects with Secondary School Students and Teachers. Sustainability, 13, 2790. doi.org/10.3390/su13052790
- ahmed Shafi, A., Templeton, S., Middleton, T., Millican, R., Vare, P., Pritchard, R. & Hatley, J. (2020) Towards a dynamic interactive model of resilience (DIMoR) for education and learning contexts, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, Online at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13632752.2020.1771923?journalCode=rebd20
- Kay, L. (2020) ‘Pivoting the seesaw? Negotiating the tensions of balancing ethical and methodological considerations in designing research that involves children and young people’, PRACTICE Contemporary Issues in Practitioner Education, DOI:10.1080/25783858.2020.1732632
- Middleton, T., ahmed Shafi, A., Millican, R. & Templeton, S. (2020) Developing Effective Assessment Feedback: academic buoyancy and the relational dimensions of feedback. Teaching in Higher Education: Critical Perspectives. Online at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13562517.2020.1777397
- Burch C & Vare P (2019) Stepping up in modern foreign languages: professional development across the primary to secondary school transition, The Language Learning Journal, DOI: 10.1080/09571736.2019.1642942
- Kay, L. (2019) ‘Guardians of research: negotiating the strata of gatekeepers in research with vulnerable participants’ Practice: Contemporary Issues in Practitioner Education, 1, https://doi.org/10.1080/25783858.2019.1589988
- Middleton, T. (2019) ‘The Inclusive Teacher: Values and (com)passion in a wicked world’ Practice, 1(2), pp. 169–172.
- Vare P (2019) Beyond the ‘green bling’: Identifying contradictions encountered in school sustainability programmes and teachers’ responses to them, Environmental Education Research, DOI: 10.1080/13504622.2019.1677859
- Vare, P.; Arro, G.; de Hamer, A.; Del Gobbo, G.; de Vries, G.; Farioli, F.; Kadji-Beltran, C.; Kangur, M.; Mayer, M.; Millican, R.; Nijdam, C.; Réti, M.; Zachariou, A. Devising a Competence-Based Training Program for Educators of Sustainable Development: Lessons Learned. Sustainability 2019, 11, 1890. https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/11/7/1890
- ahmed Shafi, A., Hatley, J., Middleton, T., Millican, R. & Templeton, S. (2018) ‘The role of assessment feedback in developing academic buoyancy’ Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education (43) 3 pp.415-427 http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/ksWUqD5YvSx232vwuwpk/full
- Kay, L. (2018) ‘Searching for Dumbledore: A reflection upon the outcomes of a tailored emotional literacy programme on three key stage 2 children’, Support for Learning, 33(2), pp.122-141. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9604.12205
- Middleton, T. (2018) ‘Working with children with social, emotional and mental health needs in a nurture group setting: the professional and personal impact.’ International Journal of Nurture in Education, 4(1) 22–32. https://www.nurtureuk.org/sites/default/files/ijne_volume4_final.pdfhttps://www.nurtureuk.org/sites/default/files/ijne_volume4_final.pdf