Introducing Live Smart and our new Live Smart co-ordinator, Will
16th October 2020
Hey you! I don’t think we’ve met!
My name is Will Weaving and I’m a second year, studying BSc Geography.
This year, I have the exciting opportunity of co-ordinating the Live Smart programme- which means a couple of things….
- You’re going to be seeing me… a lot! (sorry in advance)
- I will be planning an exciting range of events/challenges, throughout the year especially for you!
Unsure of what Live Smart is? Welcome!!
Live Smart is a programme designed for students, by students. We are aiming to help you Live in Smarter ways which save you money, boost your wellbeing and connect you with your local communities all while, benefitting the wider planet.
So what can you expect from the Live Smart programme this year?
There are 3 top things for you to look out for and get involved in:
- Our communications – keep an eye on this blog and our social media for plenty of practical tips and tricks to live smarter. We’ll be posting regular updates and if you fancy being a guest blogger, get in touch!
- Our events – through the year we’ll be running lots of little online and offline covid-safe things you can get involved in, from boosting your wellbeing with a bit of gardening or crafting, to plastic free cooking classes and competitions. We’ve got lots of ideas so watch this space!
- Our community challenge – this gives you the opportunity to team up with a local community group and use your skills to do something good for the global sustainable development goals. We’ve got big prizes up for grabs and of course it’s a great opportunity to meet local people and boost your CV too! The great thing about the challenge; you don’t have to be an expert on sustainability, just a passion and drive to contribute to and see change! You can choose one of our ready-made challenges or come up with one of your own! Either way, the Live Smart team and I will be here to help you along the way! Details coming towards the end of this month!
There are so many ways in which you can get involved with sustainability at Uni, so check it out and see what you think!
Nikki (Sustainability Communications Officer) and I have already been putting our heads together to think of some exciting opportunities you all can get involved with so keep up to date and give our social media pages a follow!
Hope to hear from you soon!
Live Smart Co-ordinator.