Win prizes: Take the community challenge
Join forces with your local community – create a better future for people and the planet
Community is both local and global. It’s about connections, celebrating diversity and working together for the good of all – something we need more than ever in this period of global pandemic!
The United Nations has 17 Global Goals to improve the sustainability of communities by the year 2030. These include gender equality, health and wellbeing, sustainable consumption and production and climate action: www.globalgoals.org
What’s the challenge?
Team up with the local community and offer a few hours of your time to work together with them and make a local difference for the global goals.
There are 3 ways you can do this:
- Choose one of our ready-made covid-safe partnership projects
- Get in touch with us and tell us what skills you have to offer (e.g. design, media, content-writing, subject knowledge, sustainable business solutions etc.) and we’ll try and find a community group for you to partner up with
- Enter something you are already doing that meets the criteria
Need some inspiration? See what some of last year’s students got up to here.
What could we win?
Capture your experience and its benefits for people, the planet and prosperity, for your chance to win one of our cash prizes! You could do this any way you like from photos to film, to a blog – something creative that shares your experience for our judges and for others.
We have 2 categories of prizes: 1 for individual entries, and 1 for team entries:
1st Prize – £350
2nd Prize – £150
1st Prize – £150
2nd Prize – £50
How will we be judged?
The judges will be looking at:
- How well you worked with the community
- What you achieved together for the Global Goals, benefiting people, profit and the planet
- How you captured and shared your experience to inspire others
How do we enter?
You can complete your challenge any time in semester 1 or 2 up until the beginning of March 2021 but you will need to let us know you want to take part by the end of January 2021.
To get started, fill in this expression of interest form and we’ll be in touch with next steps.
Love the idea, but I need a bit of help….
Will is on hand to help you come up with ideas, find the challenge for you and support you every step of the way. We can also help you join a team if you’re keen to make new friends. Message us on social media, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org