Tir Collective Landscape Architects in Cardiff – work opportunity
20th May 2023
7th Floor, Brunel House, 2 Fitzalan Road, Cardiff, CF24 0EB
Tir Collective is an innovative and progressive team of landscape architects. We design spaces for people and create positive outcomes for nature and the environment. Our team is growing in response to a sustained growth in commissions across a diverse portfolio of projects. We work collaboratively with our clients and multi-disciplinary teams, to bring together landscape design, ecology and sustainable drainage. Our projects range from smaller residential sites to large, nationally significant infrastructure projects. We are involved from project feasibility and site selection, right through to implementation.
Our office is located in the centre of Cardiff, one of the fastest growing cities in the UK with a great reputation for its nightlife and greenspaces. Our projects are located throughout the country, giving us experience in the different planning/legislative frameworks in England and Wales.
Here are examples of our work:
• Regeneration: We work with local authorities and developers to deliver new neighbourhoods on brownfield sites. Our approach to design brings people, biodiversity, play, growing space and sustainable drainage together. We take a leading role in establishing placemaking principles as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Renewable energy: Our energy projects are based on renewable technologies, including wind and solar energy, but also the associated battery storage developments. We prepare LVIAs/ LVApps for developments. Projects are from early site selection through to planning. They include small scale sites through to developments of national significance/ nationally significant infrastructure projects.
• Housing: Many of our projects are housing focused, working for local authorities, housing associations, landowners and developers. Our approach creates places for people and nature to thrive. One of our housing projects won the Construction Excellence in Wales Net Zero Award.
• Education: We are working with a large multi-disciplinary team to prepare the landscape design and public realm for a university campus.
• Recreation: Several of our projects are based around active travel, leisure or recreation, including a nationally significant snow sport project.
We are now looking to expand our team based on our team culture at Tir Collective. We have the opportunity for a landscape architect to join us. The role is open to a graduate, year-out student or a masters graduate working towards Chartership.
Working as part of our team, we are looking for someone who is creative, collaborative proactive, self-motivated and with a keen eye for detail. Depending on your level of experience and skills, typical tasks may include:
• Produce landscape masterplan drawings from early concepts through to detailed design.
• Produce green infrastructure strategy drawings and reports.
• Prepare Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIA)/ Landscape and Visual Appraisals (LVApp) reports and drawings.
• Attend site visits.
• Work with external consultants such as planners, engineers, ecologists etc.
• Prepare landscape specifications and management plans.
• Prepare fee proposals and invoices as part of building client relationships.
Ideally you will have some knowledge of AutoCAD and Keyscape, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, QGIS. A UK driving licence would be an advantage or actively learning, but not essential.
Every day will be different with an opportunity to develop your skills while being supported and mentored by the wider team. We are offering:
• Competitive salary, pension contributions, professional subscriptions, life assurance.
• 28 days annual leave plus a day off for your birthday.
• Mentoring for Pathway to Chartership and/or support for other training, and a proactive approach to CPD.
• Flexible/hybrid working.
• Support and encouragement to join the committee of the local branch of the Landscape Institute.
• Social activities throughout the year and a valued team focused culture.
• Charity days – additional leave to enable you to work for a charity or community project that is meaningful to you.
We are very excited to be expanding and welcoming new colleagues to our team. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch, otherwise we look forward to receiving your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with some examples of your work (5mb limit).
Follow Tir Collective on Instagram @tircollective ; Twitter @TirCollective ; or LinkedIn @TirCollective