Short stories guidelines
We are looking for original and creative stories in any genre (or none). We aim to publish stories that will showcase the talents of the university’s students, and illustrate the skills that studying here can give you.
Initially, we are looking for three stories from each year group, including MA students, and PhD students.
One submission, in one file, of the following:
Prose: no more than 3,000 words in length. There is no lower limit.
Your submission may be creative fiction or creative non-fiction.
Send to: email@example.com
Include in Subject line: UoG Short Story Website Submission, your last name, number of words (example: UoG Short Story Website Submission, Jones, 1374 words)
Include in body of email:
- Your real full name
- Author name (only if you want to use a pseudonym)
- Email address
- Manuscript title
- Manuscript number of words
- A short bio (4 sentences max.)
- Attached to your Email, in Word or Word-compatible doc
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Font: Times New Roman, 11 point
- Indented first words for each paragraph, except the first of a new section (Note: the start of your story is a new section)
- Speech should be in single quotes
- The header should include the title, genre, your last name, word count and any other information you wish to include
- Completely ready to print – properly formatted with no typos, grammar or syntax issues. We suggest having someone proofread your manuscripts.
We do not accept submissions by post