Inaugural UoG Novel Writing Contest Finalists Announced!

fox_mason_headerIt’s been an exciting semester on the course, with further staff and student publications, prizes won, and the launch of the hugely popular, student-led magazine Show Don’t Tell.  This week has been particularly buzzing as we gear up for the launch of Carnival, the latest anthology from our in-house New Writing series.  To add to the excitement, we recently heard back from Becky Thomas at the Fox Mason agency, who has selected the three finalists in our inaugural UoG Novel Writing Contest, from the field of six shortlisted entrees.  Becky spoke highly of all the entrees, and narrowing down the field was a very difficult task.  However, it had to be done, and we’re now in a position to announce the finalists.  Drum roll, please…the novels still in contention are:

• ‘Things We Should Have Done’ by Hayley Barnes (BA student)
  • ‘Matlock’ by Duncan Dicks (PhD student)
  • ‘The Good Housewife’s Frontal Lobotomy’ by Jane Durston (MA student)

A big congratulations to our finalists, as well as the other shortlisted entrants.  The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced at the Carnival launch next week, and the prizes given – including cash and a professional critique, courtesy of Becky and her team.  So if the suspense (and the way we’re dragging this out) is driving you nuts, you’ll have to come along on the night to find out who’s taken top spot!