More Student Publications!

prague3_391x521Before we move into the new year with all guns blazing, or all pens scribbling, we thought it a good time to catch up on some student achievements from 2014 that have slipped under the radar. Our BA, MA, and Research students are all having success in the publishing industry, something that – as ever – we’re exceedingly proud of. Firstly, third year undergraduate Phil Bowne, whose work appears in Carnival, has had his fiction and non-fiction appearing in a variety of markets. His short story ‘Bobby’ was selected for publication on Birkbeck University’s Writers’ Hub, and can be read in its entirety here.  In addition, Phil’s travel writing on his student interailing experience has featured on The Hub from Endsleigh, and also on the Guardian website.

Techno-Horror AnthologyNot to be outdone by the BA young guns, two postgrads have also had publishing success recently.  MA by Research student Olly Smith has had two pieces of speculative fiction published, including one story, ‘St. Ayer’s Gospel,’ in History and Horror, and another in a chilling Techno-Horror Anthology, published by Dark Hall Press.  You can check it out on Amazon here.  Last but not least, MA student Matt Paul has had several short stories published.  Firstly, his story ‘Naked As He Came’ – originally written as an assignment on our module HM7101 – was picked up by the Pea River Journal, and published both in print and online.  More recently, Matt has placed a new piece of flash fiction, ‘Pigs is Pigs,’ with the Atticus Review, which will publish the story as part of an ‘anti-Valentine’ special issue in February.  Congratulations to Phil, Olly, and Matt – and here’s hoping the new year will bring more student writing successes at UoG.