The 2016 Cheltenham Poetry Festival, Featuring UoG Staff, Students, and Alumni!
28th April 2016
There are so many amazing events going on in the last few weeks of term we’re going to have to bombard this blog with announcements. To start with, we wanted to shout about this year’s Cheltenham Poetry Festival, since you can grab discounted tickets if you pick them up in advance. The fest runs from May 6th to 15th and is organized by UoG Creative Writing Alumni Anna Saunders. The fest always features a stellar line-up of professional poets, and Anna has been brilliant about including past and current students; this year schedule maintains the tradition of featuring Team UoG on the bill. Below you’ll find some festival highlights, well worth checking out, and if you want to find out more or pre-book those discounted tickets, follow this link. Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Saturday 7th May, 5pm, St Andrew’s Church hall Paul Innes is giving a talk on Shakespeare’s Roman Plays £6/4
- Sunday 8th May, 2pm at The Strand, MA alumni Lesley Ingram will read from her Cinnamon Press poetry collection ‘Scumbled’. Reading with novelist Martin Lytton. £6/4
- Monday 9th May, 8pm at The Strand, Angela France will read new poetry exploring Cheltenham’s radical heart. Reading with novelist Kim Fleet. £6/4
- Tuesday 10th May, 8pm at Smokey Joe’s, Tania Hershman with UoG students give a micro-fiction showcase £6/4
- Thursday 12th May, 11am at the Oxfam bookshop, John Hughes to give a talk on Bob Dylan £7/5
- Thursday 12th May, 6.30pm at The Frog and Fiddle, Lania Knight reading poetry with Pete Mullineaux and Alice Merry. £6/4
- Thursday 12th May, 8pm at The Frog and Fiddle, MA alumni and Poetry Festival founder/director Anna Saunders will read from her new collection as part of an Indigo Dreams showcase £7/5
- Friday 13th May, The 6th Cheltenham Poetry Festival Slam, 8pm at Smokey Joes. Performers include UoG students Mathias Pedersen and Dani Shlosser £7/5
- Saturday 14th May, 3.30, Oxfam bookshop, Nigel McLoughlin is giving a talk on the WB Yeats poem ‘Easter 1916’ £6/4
- Saturday 14th May, 6.30pm at The Wilson, a poetry reading by Nigel McLoughlin and George Szirtes £8/6