2016 UoG Novel Writing Contest Shortlist Announced!
21st November 2016
That’s right, folks. The long wait is over: our in-house judges have read through this year’s manuscript submissions to the UoG Novel Writing Contest and have whittled it down to a shortlist of six. Submissions were anonymous, and these six will be sent on to our external judge, literary agent Becky Thomas, of the Johnson & Alcock Literary Agency in London. This year’s shortlist includes a mix of undergraduate and postgraduate students. We’ll have our fingers crossed for everybody, and hope to announce the finalists and overall winner at this year’s anthology launch (more on this shortly!).
For now, in alphabetical order by author (followed by year of study at time of submission) here is the The 2016 UoG Novel Writing Contest Shortlist:
- All The Things We Knew by Senja Andrejevic (MA)
- The Enlightenment Effect by Loz Apperly (2nd year)
- Half-Life by Heather Cripps (3rd year)
- Winter and Spain by Sam James (2nd year)
- Mayflies by Pamela Keevil (MA)
- Mama by Mark Webber (MA)